Wednesday 23 September 2015

Guildball - Fishermen Showcase













Hi Guys, time for something slightly different today. As of about 10 minutes ago, I have finally finished painting the last member of my Fishermen Guild (that I own). 

For those who don't know, Guild ball is a medieval football game set in a pseudo-historical world. It is similar to Bloodbowl but without the Xenos species. 
For more information on Guild ball, go here http://guildball.com/




Also check out the Guild ball informer youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKMVI6BtprAOSPt-vPXDOw

Guild Ball was originally a Kickstarter from Steamforged games and has really taken off all over the world. There are more and more tournaments being held as the game continues to grow. 

The Fishermen Guild are one of the first guilds which were announced. These guys are the Barcelona of the Guildball world, they just love to play the beautiful game the way it was supposed to be played. When I was looking to get into Guild Ball, I went for models that sounded and looked coolest. After much perusing of the online shop, I settled on the Fishermen. Who could turn down a guild who could UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!

Ahem...on with the pictures :) 


The completed team (L to R) Salt, Angel, Snakeskin, Shark, Kraken & Siren
The Mascot Salt, Striker Angel, Captain Shark and Sneaky Snakeskin of the Union Guild behind him.
Captain Shark again with Kraken (Centre Back) and Siren (The queen of Mind Control) on the wing.

Closer look at Salt and Angel

Shark and Kraken

Kraken and Siren

The Fishermen's custom ball

An sneaky infiltrator from the Union Guild - Snakeskin


A sneak peak at the next guild on my paint station, The Masons! 


So these models are an absolute pain to assemble, some of the worst ones I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Some of the contact areas for gluing/ connecting to the base leave much to be desired but once you get past that, they are fantastic to paint.

I have really enjoyed painting the fishermen guild, it has given me a reason to improve my flesh painting technique. Next up for them will be the players I am missing; Greyscales, Jac and the new player Sakana. I may also get a few union members just to increase the variety.

As you have seen above, I also own the Masons Guild. These guys are great all-rounders and wear a lot of armour which makes them tough to beat up. I will probably try and get these done before I get the next lot of fishermen players.

Keep an eye out for another Showcase within the next month or so.

I hope you enjoyed this brief showcase of my Fishermen Guild. If you would to learn to play, or come to MSWG and have a game, please email midsussexwargamers@gmail.com and I'll be happy to arrange something.

Happy Wargaming Guys!!

MSWG Sam





No comments:

Post a Comment